Sunday, February 7, 2016

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TERRY THA RAPMAN AKA LORD TR.


 
As far as rap pioneers are concerned in Africa, Terry Tha Rapman is most definately one of the rappers in the A' list, that has held, and is still holding it down.
We recently caught up with him, after plenty plenty stress, but hey, getting good interviews require alot of work too and after you read this, you will quickly agree with me that it was really worth it.

Lord TR as he's recently called, had alot to tell us. Things he had probably not revealed before in the past. So, Without wasting much time, here's an exclusive interview with the Rap Legend...

Enjoy.



  • For the benefit of those that know you as an artist, but haven't had the chance to know you personally, please tell us your full names, where you hail from and what you represent.
My real names are Terry Terhemba Madaki. I am a Tiv by tribe, who hails from Nassarawa state. My late mother, who was also a tiv woman, hails from Benue state. I was born in Kano but was raised most of my life in Kaduna state.



  • Over the years, you have dropped countless hits and it is no news that you are one of Africa's PIONEERS of rap music but can you tell us about the challenges you have faced over the years and how you have managed to stay at the top for this long?
We started at a time when Hip hop music or should I say rap music was really misunderstood in Nigeria and wasn't getting much radio or TV time. Those of us who were rapping then, really struggled to make sure Hip hop was on the map. Thank God for a few DJs (DJ Jimmy Jatt, DJ Humility and DJ Snoop the Damager amongst many) who fought to get our songs aired. Rappers were not much talks less of the dope ones, so the music was still alien to the Nigerian culture but we kept on till the music now flourished and new rappers are now enjoying the things we fought for.
 
Six Foot plus, Mode 9, pherowshuz all hanging out in terry's birthday party



  • I know there are lots of young rappers coming up everyday and trying to step up to the older ones. Do you think IT’S healthy for young rappers to call out the older ones in their song?
Every rapper has some kind of strategy he uses to get attention or whatever. Its fine, since hip hop is a competitive kind of music. I will say this to new rappers, disrespecting pioneers or the older rappers will get you no respect. You can get a little fame but it’s usually short-lived.


  • Recently, you have been endorsed as Skull Candy's ambassador. Give us a brief about skull candy.
The Skull candy headphone brand identified with my brand as a timeless brand that dishes out quality music, and since they are also about quality sound it was a perfect match. They saw my fan base on social media was strong and so was my brand and my movement so it was pretty easy to make me brand ambassador.


  • Tell us what we hope to expect in 2016.
The full length album is already in the works. So far, we have collaboration with Bracket, Oritsefemi and DJ Spinall. This album will have stories of my personal life nobody got to hear, issues will be addressed and classics will be made. Expect a classic album and hopefully a collabo album (we keeping it low key for now).
 




  • How can people reach you?
You can reach me on my Facebook fan page: Terry Tha Rapman Twitter: @iamlord_TR  Instagram: @iamlord_TR



Give one word to your fans out there.
To my fans and friends out there. I love you guys, without you guys there would be no T.R, there will be no BANS movement. You're the reason I do what I do and work hard at it. God bless the fans.



 






For more information on Swit Summer Productions International visit our website on www.switsummerintl.com and remember to like our facebook page and follow us on twitter @switsummerintl.

No comments:

Post a Comment